We are challenging organisations, each with a start-up kitty of £50, to raise as much money as possible for St Gemma’s Hospice during the month of October 2021.
It’s a great team-building challenge and gives you and your colleagues the perfect opportunity to develop your skills in everything from leadership and communication to time management. You can either enter as one big team from your organisation or split into smaller teams if you’re hoping to generate some healthy competition!
Over the 31 days, teams can hold as many events/initiatives as they want to raise as much money as possible. Teams can hold planning meetings to assign roles, devise strategies and plan their campaign. St Gemma’s staff will be available throughout to provide information and support.
The winning team will have raised the most money from their original £50 start-up kitty.
Dates for your diary
Friday 24th September – Deadline for registering to take part
Monday 27th September – We will begin delivering your fundraising packs including t-shirts, buckets, sponsorship forms and your all-important £50 start-up fund!
Friday 1st October – Let the games begin!! Your fundraising challenge commences.
Sunday 31st October – Final day of fundraising activities.
Monday 1st November – Deliver any cash you have raised to the hospice for counting.
Thursday 11th November – Winners of each award announced and most importantly, the grand total raised between all organisations.
Not only will we be celebrating the organisation that raise the most money for St Gemma’s Hospice, there are various other awards up for grabs including:-
- Most innovative fundraising idea (team)
- Most social media engagement (team)
- Most entertaining endeavour (team)
- Above and Beyond fundraiser (individual)
How your support can help
St Gemma’s is a friendly, warm and safe place at the heart of the local community with a large range of expert services to support patients with life-limiting illnesses, their families and friends, both in the Hospice and in the community. The services we provide are always free of charge to patients, families and carers, but are not free to provide. On behalf of the staff and patients at St Gemma’s Hospice, we would, therefore, like to say a huge thank you for your support.
We would be delighted to see each team aiming to raise £1000 each, however there is no minimum amount you need to raise, but here is an insight into the difference your fundraising could make:
£500 could fund care for one In-Patient staying at the Hospice, covering everything from expert care, to pain relief and meals
£1,040 covers the cost of providing all of our services for an hour
£6,500 is the cost, on average, of caring for an individual patient referred to our services.
£12,000 is the cost of running our family support team for a month – offering practical and emotional support to people through the most difficult time in their lives.
- The initial £50 must be returned at the end of the challenge and will not be included in your total.
- Raise as much as you can and have fun! Anything goes, but all events and activities must be safe, legal and ethical.
- You are not permitted to hold door to door or street collections.
- You are not permitted to hold supermarket collections or bag packing events without getting in touch with St Gemma’s Hospice first.
- If you are thinking of holding a raffle, please let us know so we can advise you about this; there are strict and complex laws relating to raffles and legal requirements regarding raffle prizes.
- If you are going to ask for donations from local businesses, please ask us for a letter of authority, which you can show when approaching organisations.
- Gift Aid and matched funding are very much encouraged and accepted, however will not be counted towards your fundraising total in respect of the challenge.
If you and your colleagues are up for the challenge, please let us know by contacting the team on Corporate@st-gemma.co.uk
or call 0113 218 5537